Reporting to the Manager of Project Management, the Quality Assurance Engineer will be responsible for creating and implementing a strategy for software application quality assurance and testing as well as suggesting solutions to identified quality problems. The QA Engineer creates Test Cases and Test Plans, working in Jira and related tools, and conducts the tests.
To plan, create, and manage the overall Quality Planning strategy by understanding Aspen’s products and business processes, distilling complex software updates into Test Cases, conducting the tests, and facilitating discussions around those changes with developers, QA team members, and project managers, as a critical component of the software development and release life cycle.
- Use a variety of tools, testing applications, and reports to compare software updates to user requirements and documentation
- Analyze the user requirements, functional specs and Use Case documents and design test coverage plans and then carry out those plans
- Document detailed steps to replicate defects and then verify defect fixes
- Plan, create and manage the overall Quality Planning strategy
- Oversee continuous improvement projects
- Identify quality assurance process bottlenecks and suggest actions for improvement • Prepare and present reports and metrics to Senior Management
- Coordinate with multiple teams to resolve issues in interpreting the requirements
- Recommend changes and improvements for future releases
- Document the entire quality testing process by describing the program, evaluation, testing methods, and any improvements made to the software
- Identify specific cases of manual testing that should be automated
- Work with QA Team to develop the best automation solutions
- Write clean, high-quality scripts that test product functionality automatically
- Work with Support on troubleshooting issues reported by internal and external users
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or above in computer science, engineering or related fields preferred
- Prior working experience in Quality Assurance Engineer role (3+ years)
- Experienced in manual iOS, web, and backend data integration and API testing (3+ years)
- Excellent technical testing experience to discover and document issues
- Experience with automation testing framework design
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Experienced in working with all stakeholders and customers, internal or external
- High degree of computer literacy and ability to learn concepts quickly
- Very strong attention to detail, focus, and organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in generating test documentation
- Background and knowledge in multiple areas of the following::
- Software application testing (Mobile, Web, API)
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Atlassian collaboration & project management tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Security and compliance-oriented data and IT environment (HIPAA, PHI)
- Healthcare technology products and services
About Aspen RxHealth
Our Mission: To enable the most responsive community of pharmacists that will deliver unsurpassed outcomes for patients, their families, and the customers we serve.
What We Value:
• Quality & Integrity: In our human interactions, the team we assemble, and the products we build.
• Sense of Community: In our corporate family, our pharmacists and the neighbors we serve.
• Ensuring Capacity: In our innovation, our network of pharmacists and the services we provide.
• Fun: With what we do, who we work with, and life in general!
• Competitive base salary
• Medical, dental, and 401K benefits
• Open PTO Policy
• Collaborative work environment
Aspen RxHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities at Aspen RxHealth are based upon one’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.