Reporting to the Manager of Project Management, the Business Systems Analyst (BSA) is the vital link between our information technology team and our business & product stakeholders by reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating business systems and our product needs for the mobile and web applications supporting our community of pharmacists. The BSA also documents requirements, scope, and objectives using Epics, Features, and User Stories to help develop business solutions.
To understand Aspen’s products and business processes, distill complex stakeholder requirements into clear documentation, and facilitate discussions around those requirements with senior executives, developers, QA team members, and project managers.
- Gather information from multiple sources and critically evaluate it, reconciling conflicts, disassembling high-level information into technical requirement details and distinguishing user requests from their true needs, as well as discovering additional needs
- Work closely with product managers, project managers, and developers to document technical requirements
- Effectively present and communicate documented requirements, as well as validation of outcomes of their implementation through testing and post-production review
- Collaborate with internal team members to help identify, troubleshoot, and efficiently resolve technical issues
- Liaison between technology teams, support teams, business stakeholders, and customers
- Help improve systems by studying current products and practices, documenting modifications and changes to requirements
- Recommend appropriate controls by identifying problems and writing specifications
- Suggest changes to senior management using analytics to support your recommendations
- Actively participate in the implementation processes of approved changes
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or above preferred
- Prior working experience in IT Business Systems Analyst role (5+ years)
- Experienced in full life cycle software development projects, and back-office business IT systems & tools (5+ years)
- Strong background in web applications and mobile applications; SQL database query
- System analysis and requirements documentation for web application and web service interfaces/APIs
- Diagrams, flowcharts, visual documentation, and presentation skills
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent technical business analysis experience to discover and document technical project requirements
- Experienced in working with all stakeholders and customers, internal or external
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in generating process documentation
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Background and knowledge in multiple areas of the following:
- Healthcare technology products and services; Security and compliance-oriented data in an IT environment (HIPAA, PHI)
- Data and business analytics
- Cloud computing and infrastructure environments such as AWS
- Atlassian collaboration & project management tools such as Jira and Confluence
About Aspen RxHealth
Our Mission: To enable the most responsive community of pharmacists that will deliver unsurpassed outcomes for patients, their families, and the customers we serve.
What We Value:
• Quality & Integrity: In our human interactions, the team we assemble, and the products we build.
• Sense of Community: In our corporate family, our pharmacists and the neighbors we serve.
• Ensuring Capacity: In our innovation, our network of pharmacists and the services we provide.
• Fun: With what we do, who we work with, and life in general!
• Competitive base salary
• Medical, dental, and 401K benefits
• Open PTO Policy
• Collaborative work environment
Aspen RxHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities at Aspen RxHealth are based upon one’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.