Reporting to the Manager of Software Processes, the Business Systems Analyst (BSA) is the vital link between our information technology team and our customers by reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating business systems and customer needs for startup implementation, configurations, data file integrations, and reporting, as well as any change requests and custom development requirements. The BSA also owns the technical processes such as SFTP setup and integration file implementations for new and existing customers.
To understand Aspen’s products and business processes, distill complex customer requirements into clear documentation, and facilitate discussions around those requirements with senior executives, developers, QA team members, and project managers.
• Elicit and manage customer startup implementation, configurations, data file integration, and reporting requirements and follow up actions with technical teams
• Analyze and manage customer change requests and custom development projects; Work closely with IT product owner, BA, project manager, and developers to document technical requirements
• Effectively present and communicate documented requirements, as well as validation of outcomes of their implementation through testing and post-production review
• Collaborate with internal team members to help identify, troubleshoot, and efficiently resolve technical issues
• Liaison between technology teams, support teams, business stakeholders, and customers
• Help improve systems by studying current products and practices, documenting modifications and changes to requirements
• Recommend appropriate controls by identifying problems and writing specifications
• Suggest changes to senior management using analytics to support your recommendations
• Actively participate in the implementation processes of approved changes
• Other responsibilities as assigned
Aspen RxHealth team members are critical thinkers. With a bustling Pharmacist Community (5,000 and continuously growing!) – and a core corporate team – we are information seekers, change makers, and highly curious leaders all committed to one primary goal: revolutionizing the untapped potential of the pharmacist-patient relationship.
To enable the most responsive community of pharmacists that will deliver unsurpassed outcomes for patients, their families and the customers we serve.
Aspen RxHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities at Aspen RxHealth are based upon one’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex,
pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.