At Aspen RxHealth, we believe the pharmacy industry is ripe for transformation. And because nothing changes if nothing changes, we are revolutionizing the untapped potential of the pharmacist and patient relationship. Our community delivers high-quality services to some of our nation’s largest health plans and risk-bearing providers. Aspen RxHealth pharmacists are intelligently matched with patients via our mobile application to drive down costs while improving quality measures and member experience. Once services are successfully delivered, our pharmacists are paid directly for their expertise and time.
This position is an opportunity to join our fast-growing company as a Data Quality Engineer who will be responsible for designing, developing, documenting, and performing data quality checks across all data assets in support of Aspen RxHealth’s Enterprise Data Management strategy.
- Formulate tests (rule-based, pattern-based, etc.) and write code to discover, implement, execute, maintain, and automate those tests
- Analyze and profile feeds and/or pipelines to an S3-based data lake to ensure data are complete, valid, and meet expectations
- Create alert mechanisms for system issues, data quality issues, data receipt, and completeness based on expected parameters (e.g., schedules, quantities, etc.)
- Collaborate with Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and Developers to ensure high-quality, accurate data assets are consistently available across the organization
- Validate data in data repositories and analytical systems against source systems
- Contribute to the growth of the organization’s data quality and governance standards through knowledge sharing and lessons learned, continually improving best practices, and contributing to methods to systematically advance Aspen RxHealth’s data platform and capabilities
- Perform tasks spanning the full lifecycle of data management activities with minimal supervision
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Quality Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related fields with 2+ years of experience working with enterprise data management systems in high-compliance contexts;
- 3-5+ years of proven experience in Quality Engineering or Data Engineering roles with enterprise data management systems in high-compliance contexts
- Experience in collaborating with Product teams, Data Science / Analytics teams, Developers, and Data Engineers to elicit, document, compose, and translate business requirements into data requirements while contributing to a unified, high-availability system architecture
- Working experience developing data analysis, data quality assurance, and automation processes in Python
- Direct experience with cloud/AWS database services such as Amazon RDS, DynamoDB, Redshift, Glue ETL, managed Airflow, Lambda, Data Migration Service, or their cross-platform equivalents
- Competency in data quality best practices, data lake design, ETL and ELT methodologies along with strong technical documentation practices
- Demonstrated skill in navigating data ecosystems (data warehouses, data lakes, structured and unstructured data, file types, BI systems) and familiarity with associated principles
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently in a remote environment as a part of a cross-functional team
- Positive, proactive team-oriented approach/attitude
- Well-honed organizational skills
- A mission-driven individual with a belief in and commitment to the success of the team and the company.
About Aspen RxHealth
Our Mission: To enable the most responsive community of pharmacists that will deliver unsurpassed outcomes for patients, their families, and the customers we serve.
What We Value:
• Quality & Integrity: In our human interactions, the team we assemble, and the products we build.
• Sense of Community: In our corporate family, our pharmacists and the neighbors we serve.
• Ensuring Capacity: In our innovation, our network of pharmacists, and the services we provide.
• Fun: With what we do, who we work with, and life in general!
• Competitive base salary
• Medical, dental, and 401K benefits
• Open PTO Policy
• Collaborative work environment
Aspen RxHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities at Aspen RxHealth are based upon one’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.